At the Claire Teague Senior Center our health and wellness check-ins help seniors stay in tune.
In addition to our lunch and Meals on Wheels programs, we provide free food and food benefits through the following programs and partnerships:
- On-site food donations from Berkshire Bounty, local stores and area farmers are available to all seniors
- Brown Bag, a monthly food distribution from a regional Food Bank for income-eligible seniors
- Referrals for seniors needing help with SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), by appointment
- Farmers market coupons for income-eligible seniors
To help our elders keep an eye on their own basic health, and to help prevent common conditions associated with diabetes or high blood pressure, we offer:
- Blood Pressure Clinic (3rd Tuesday and 4th Thursday @11:30)
- Acupuncture (1st & 3rd Monday)
- Foot Clinic (2nd Monday, 9:00-1 p.m., by appointment $4)
- Nutrition Counseling (periodic presentations)
- Melt Method Pain Relief (Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m.)
Check our calendar for these services and give us a call for an appointment, (413) 528-1881.