The Great Barrington Council on Aging Transportation program, at the Claire Teague Senior Center, provides rides on weekdays from 8 a.m-4 p.m., to destinations in the Great Barrington/Southern Berkshire area.
Seniors 60+ and area residents with disabilities are eligible for our low-cost transportation options. Follow these guidelines to get the ride you need, when you need!
- Reservations are required 48 hours ahead of your ride. Call us at (413) 528-1981.
- Recurring rides must be reserved individually.
- Your departure pickup should be scheduled no later than 2 p.m., to assure your return trip before our 4 p.m. closing time.
- Medical trips/destinations take priority over other destinations, but we do our best to accommodate everyone.
- Need to cancel? Let us know as soon as possible by calling our office.
- Same-day bookings are permitted only if space and schedules permit.
- Round Trip Fees (Great Barrington area)*
- $7 Medical
- $3.50 Senior Center
- $3.50 Grocery group trips when offered
- $15 Pittsfield area transport, subject to schedule and driver availability
*No person is denied a ride f they cannot afford the fare.
There is no charge to an accompanying spouse or caregiver.
Multiple stops? No extra charge, but let us know your needs when you reserve. Pharmacy stops do not require advance reservation. We reserve the right to limit the number of extra stops per client.
Tips/Donations: Drivers cannot accept tips, but you can make a donation to the Great Barrington Council on Aging Transportation Program, to help fund our operations and outings.
Safety and Rider Rules
- Riders are required to wear seat belts. During COVID- Masks are required at all times on the van.
- Unsafe and or disruptive behavior may result in loss of van privileges.
- Seniors needing personal assistance must arrange for family or volunteers to accompany them.
- Snow day cancellations are announced on WSBS-AM 860 radio. If the schools are closed so are we. If you have a ride scheduled that day, our staff will give you a call.
The Claire Teague Senior Center/Town of Great Barrington has been running the GBCOA Transportation (the Great Barrington Council on Aging Transportation) since 2019.
The Claire Teague Senior Center partners with the BRTA to help elders get to and from shopping, medical appointments and to and from our senior center.
For information, or to schedule a ride, call (413) 528-1881.
The Berkshire Regional Transit Authority’s bus service operates throughout Berkshire County.
Additional information about other transportation resources in our area can be found here.